Friday, April 23, 2010

I'm ravenous and i just can't seem to get full!

This is interesting...here i am "blogging" i've not really cared much for that word, and here i sit blogging. I've always had a passion for food, reveling in the kitchen, but over the past few months, i've opened up to the food revolution that is happening in America and i found myself inclined to share my knowledge in the kitchen along with the things we put in our bodies with you! I'll give you stats, recipes and some wellness tips too on how to live a healthier lifestyle. Think of it as Jamie Oliver meets Jillian Michaels, but for EVERYONE, not just the folks on television. The two of them have truly inspired me to make a change in my life, and it is my hope that you all will make the change too!

Ya know what, you can eat well and stay full. There is a misconception that eating healthy means staying hungry. Not me! A favorite quote of mine seems to be "omg i'm ravenous." When that happens i'll bust out a healthy snack or jump in the kitchen and i'm satiated in no time and i've eaten a low calorie fulfilling meal! I'll teach you the tricks of the trade as we make our way on this journey!


I'm on the organic, local, sustainable kick hard core and i have no plans to come off of it either. In my house we've booted High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) *i do however keep coke in my diet, it keeps the migraines away and i like the way it tastes* ANYTHING fully or partially hydrogenated (which = trans fat which = clogged arteries) and enriched wheat flour and have gone organic on most everything. Really people buy organic milk in a carton and it will take you back to being a kid...its so yummy! Please Please Please comment with any questions you have for me or any ideas for recipes and i would be happy to answer them or write up a new recipe! Thanks for stopping by and happy eating :)

6 comments:

Kerrie Lindstrom said...

Good for you Callie. You should talk to my Mom. She's full of great info about organic eating, etc. She swears going Vegan is the cure to many health problems, and I believe it. We barely do meat (red, at least) around here. And we avoid gluten as much as possible. I too have to have a coke once a week or so.

Callie said...

Thanks Kerrie! Your Mom has always been so healthy...I just hate that I am just now figuring it all out! Thanks for reading!!!

Anonymous said...

Callie!!! I LOVE the name of your blog!
Maybe I can learn a thing or two about healthy eating. So hard with our breakroom...
good luck :)

Callie said...

Thanks Victoria! If you learn something, then i've done what i set out to do! You're right, it is quote tempting in the break room....the fountain drinks get me every time! I bring a nalgene of water with me and drink that when i'm thirsty so i don't have to go down there and face the temptations :) Appreciate you following me!!!!

Amy J said...

Good Job Callie! Let me know if you need any info for your blog!

Callie said...

Will do Amy! Thanks for reading!